Live dealer casinos have been around for a few years now but they just keep getting bigger and better. Sticking to the games offered in the live dealer lobby is the best way to experience the ultimate casino thrill without needing to leave your couch and without missing the ambiance you’ll expect at a land based casino.
With the right selection of online casinos, you can find unique live casino bonuses that will make playing at a live casino more fun than ever before. In this article about live casino bonuses in Canada we will explain how they work and detail all of your options when you sit at a live dealer table game in one of our recommended casinos for Canada based players. You’ll learn everything about live dealer bonuses before seeing which are the best live dealer casinos in Canada that have all you’d expect — from varied live lobbies to solid reputations.
How live casino bonuses work
Like their name suggests, live dealer casino bonuses are promotions tailored for gamblers who prefer live games over online games. Online games generate their outcomes with a Random Number Generator (RNG), while live games work with live dealers, explaining the main difference between the two. Another difference is that live casino bonuses aren’t as standard as casino bonuses. This is why you need to dig a lot deeper if you want to find some good live casino deals in Canada. Instead of looking for reputable casinos yourself, we suggest checking out this article dedicated to this type of casino bonus, featuring everything you should bear in mind when claiming yours. In most cases, live dealer casino bonuses are handed out to new users who can redeem them on their favourite live dealer games.
Fully or partially valid for live dealer games
Just like regular match bonuses, these sort of promos are typically credited to you based on your deposit. Live casinos contribute either fully or partially for live casino games. Ideally, the wagering contribution would stand at 100%, meaning you won’t have to worry about partial validity, but contributions of 50%, 20%, 10%, or 5% are very common as well. Partial contribution usually indicated that the bonus is usable across different platforms, including the online lobby and the live dealer lobby. In case of partial wagering contributions, the bonus is primarily designed for online casino users, without fully excluding live casino players.
Different types of live dealer bonuses
Welcome packages at online casinos are set up in such a way that they attract new users. Live dealer platforms also have their own incentives to both attract and retain existing ones. However, in terms of live dealer casinos, promos, just like no deposit bonuses, aren’t that common. One of the explanations why online operators offer more promos designed to cater to slot game fanaticos is that this type of casino game is based on randomness and luck only. On the other hand, some live dealer games require specific skills, meaning that experienced players can lower the casino’s house edge and eventually beat the house. The good news is that there are more and more online operators that offer bonuses for live dealer games such as a roulette bonus or a blackjack bonus to please this growing group of players. Here are some of the most popular forms live dealer bonuses can come in:
- Reload bonus: these work in the same way like most deposit bonuses: you get a reload bonus based on the deposit you make up to a maximum amount. While welcome bonuses can be claimed for the first deposit or several initial deposits, reload bonuses can be claimed more frequently, for example on a weekly basis.
- Cashbacks: are quite common and meant for existing users instead of new players only. Sometimes, cashbacks are offered instead of a standard deposit-based bonus to give live dealer players a deal as well. Whether you claim it upon registration or as an existing customer, with a cashback, you can get back a part of your losses. Normally, it is given as a percentage of lost stakes.
- Rewards: some casinos host random promos where you get a reward for achieving a certain result. An example could be that a casino awards a $7 roulette bonus for everytime you hit a 7 with Live Roulette.
- Tournaments: live dealer casinos host tournaments on live casino games like live roulette where you can compete against other players to rank on the leaderboard and win a share of the prize pool. Any wins are usually awarded as real money.
How to know if live casino bonuses are any good
When signing up at a casino to get the most out of a live casino promo, there are a number of things you need to consider prior to creating an account. We would always recommend you to think about the whole picture and discourage you from signing up at a casino website only because of the bonus. In case you’ve concluded that both the casino and the promo itself seem interesting, you will need to check the bonus terms in full. The best live dealer casino in Canada allows you to make use of the welcome bonus on a wide selection of live casino games without increasing the playthrough requirements too much. To ensure you max out your chances of finding yourself the best live casino offer, go through our checklist:
- Wagering requirements: as is the nature of all casino bonuses you’ll come across online, even the best live dealer promo will come with minimum wagering requirements. These will need to be played through before you will be allowed to withdraw any winnings made with the bonus funds. The wagering requirements are typically around 30x, 35, or 40x, but higher requirements are pretty common as well.
- Time limits: it’s worth mentioning that some live dealer casinos work with time limits for both existing and new customers. On the page with the bonus terms, you’ll normally find a rule that states the amount of time you have before the bonus funds expire. Ideally, offers will give you 30 days or more, but 14 days and 7 days are common as well. Live casino offers are especially less generous than online offers.
- Don’t forget the minimums and maximums: the time limits aren’t the only limits that exist, because there are a few other minimums and maximums you will need to take into account before signing up at a casino:
- Maximum bets: these are determined for each bonus and are meant to avoid players placing outrageous bets and winning big amounts within a short time span. Maximum bets have the same objective as rollover requirements.
- Maximum cash outs: pretty much every live dealer casino welcome offering in Canada has a maximum win and cashout limit. All of these can be found in each promo’s terms & conditions.
- Minimum deposits: you’ll also need to make a minimum deposit to be able to claim the bonus money. Minimum deposit requirements are among the most reasonable ones as they will be around $10, $20, or maybe slightly higher. We don’t expect this requirement to cause any problems.
- Game-oriented bonuses: some promos for live casinos might refer to a number of games only or a certain category. Let’s say roulette is your favourite casino game, and the site offers a blackjack bonus only, then it might be a better idea to keep looking down the list.
- Excluded regions: a lot of casino bonuses are often region-targeting which means that your country might not allow for the bonuses to be used. On our casino website we will clearly only list casino bonuses for Canada, unless otherwise stated.
- Deposit method: the way you deposit your funds can affect whether or not you can claim a bonus. When depositing with certain e-wallets such as Skrill or Neteller, it may not always be possible to redeem the casino bonus at all.
- Trustworthiness: if you’re looking for ways to get the most out of your live casino bonus, then it is likely that you’ll need to think of the overall casino experience at an online casino. Whilst experienced live dealer casino sites enjoy both strong licences and a long-standing track record, new casino websites usually don’t. Don’t get us wrong, there’s nothing wrong with joining a new live casino, as long as they hold a proper gaming licence and/or are owned by well-known operators.
How to claim live casino bonuses
Live casino bonuses are usually additional promos beyond the main bonus players receive at online casinos. However, there are also some casino websites that do specifically offer a bonus for live dealer oriented players. Upon registering and making your first deposit at an online casino, you may need to opt in to a specific live casino bonus as it may not be the standard selection. In order to claim your live casino bonus you will generally need to:
Step 1: find the best live dealer casino in Canada
Find a trustworthy casino that works with a strong licence and ideally holds a strong track-record. In addition, you will need to pay some extra attention to the live section of the casino. A lot of operators tend to favour slot players, which is why a good online casino isn’t the same thing as a good live casino. Make sure to check out the live lobby as well in terms of quantity and quality. The best live casinos work with the best providers.
Step 2: sign up at the casino website
Once you’ve found the right online operator for you, you’ll need to register at the casino by clicking on something that indicates a ‘Sign Up’, ‘Join’, or ‘Create Account’ button. The Sign Up or Create Account button should take you to an online form, which you’ll be required to fill in with your personal data such as your name, username, age, email address, and address.
Step 3: verify your account
At the next stage, you’ll need to submit certain verification documents in order to comply with the operator’s KYC (Know Your Customer) policies. All online companies are required to do this and KYC procedures defined by banks or institutions that handle transactions involve all the necessary actions to assess, lower risks, and ensure their users are real. Verifying your account can also be done once requesting a payment, but as this step requires a few working days you might as well do it straight away upon registration. Account verification shouldn’t be confused with verifying an email link or code.
Step 4: deposit your funds
Once you’re fully registered, the live dealer casino will ask you to make a deposit in order to claim your welcome live casino bonus. We recommend you to do so, because live dealer bonuses work with timit limits and live dealer tables can only be joined if your account holds a balance, unlike slot games that offer a demo mode. Do so by choosing your preferred banking method from the options available, and go to the payment page to deposit your funds and claim your bonus. At some casinos, you’ll need to enter a bonus code to redeem it. We would like to remember that some e-wallets might be excluded from the promo.
Step 5: start playing
Depending on the payment method you have picked in the previous step, both your deposited funds and bonus credits should appear in your account immediately. All that’s left to do now is choose your favourite live casino game from the online operator’s live lobby and start playing your preferred game. If you prefer making a deposit with a credit card or via a bank transfer, it might take a few business days before your funds appear.
How to make a profit from live casino bonuses?
A live casino bonus will give a boost to your casino bankroll with the main idea that you can play your favourite live dealer games longer and make a win. As some of the live dealer options are games of skills you will likely have more winning opportunities the more you play and practice. Whether you use a general casino bonus with limited wagering contributions or a promo tailored for live casino games only, the excitement is guaranteed. Make sure to claim only those offers that come with acceptable terms because you’ve signed up to make a profit. We’ll dive into this so you know how to pick the best bonuses for making a profit.
1. Go through the wagering requirements
We can’t stress the importance of the wagering requirements enough and this is also the first thing you’ll need to look up when evaluating your live casino bonus. Every live casino bonus works with rollover requirements and the lower the requirements, the more likely it is to make a profit. The idea is pretty simple, you need to stick to promos that come with fair rules. Reasonable playthrough requirements should be set at 40x or lower, making sure the bonus doesn’t force you to keep on playing only because of the wagering requirements.
2. Do the same for the wagering contributions
The same holds for wagering contributions. These are related to wagering requirements, with the main difference being the type of game you’re playing. Not all casino games wager in the same way and there can be a difference in game category. Let’s not forget there are live table games such as roulette, blackjack, and baccarat on the one hand and live dealer games like wheel of fortune on the other. These are completely different types of games, explaining why some games require more wagering than others by lowering the wagering contributions.
3. Stick to the max bet
Most bonuses work with maximum bets and this is a way for a casino to protect itself from situations where players make exceptionally high wins with a single stake. We would like to point out the importance of sticking to maximum bets as you might forget this one in the heat of the moment. If you’re winning you would usually consider raising your stake, but if you’re playing with bonus funds you will need to refrain yourself from doing this.
4. Follow the bonus rules
The above terms require some extra attention which is why we have brought them to attention separately. The other bonus terms need to be followed in the same way as the above rules which means you’ll need to respect them at all times. If you break these rules you risk losing your bonus wins which you obviously want to avoid at all times.
5. Cash out your wins
If you have won a nice amount and you want to withdraw the money immediately, it’s time to do so in the last step after having met the wagering requirements. Sometimes you’ll need to use the same banking method as during your deposit, but this should be your least concern. It’s time to enjoy your winnings and cash out all the money you have earned in the live casino. Congrats!