Online casinos keep on reinventing themselves, but sometimes they’re lucky enough to get a bit of help. One of the best examples is how payment provider Trustly has managed to revolutionise global gambing via its highly popular Pay N Play solution. Pay N Play casinos continue to advance the online casino industry in impressive ways as it combines the registration and the first deposit in an easy and straightforward way. A Pay N Play Casino is an online casino that allows you to start playing without the need to complete a registration form. Yes, you got that right.
These so-called no account casinos are mainly available in Scandinavia and in other countries across Europe, but we are constantly seeing new online casinos in North America that turn towards this revolutionary concept that combines instant payment with instant online gambling. As you’ll discover while going through this Pay N Play casino guide, we are big fans of this banking solution and we’re pretty sure that you’re about to love it yourself as well. Read on to find out more about these no registration casinos.
Pay N Play casinos in Canada for December 2021
Pay N Play casinos are widely available in Europe and we’re glad to say they’ve found their way to North America. More and more casinos move towards Pay N Play integrations, making sure players will be able to enjoy the best possible user experience. Pay N Play is now available to Canadian users which will soon revolutionise the industry in Canada. We do expect the number of Pay N Play casinos to increase, but below you’ll find this month’s recommended Pay N Play casinos. All of the casino options below have a valid licence and were tested with real money. Make sure to check out the bonuses they have on offer.
What is a Pay N Play casino?
Pay N Play is one of the most innovative and effective banking solutions available to make players enjoy all the online casino fun as soon as they decide they are ready to sign up to their preferred casino website. Being able to login and use your account straightaway may seem obvious to some, but let’s not forget how annoying registration forms can get and how frustrating it can be if you don’t receive your verification code or link. We’ve all had our fair share of failed registrations, even after checking the SPAM box. We know, at most casinos sign up forms work fine, but it still happens that things don’t go as planned. Pay N Play gets rid of this complete registration step as you won’t have to sign up anymore.
Instant deposits, instant withdrawals
Most of us will have had some problems with unsuccessful payments as well, which is another common barrier when joining a casino. E-wallets have made instant payments and thus instant play a lot easier, but there are still a lot of people that prefer traditional banking methods like bank transfers or credit card payments. Choosing for a bank transfer can slow down all the fun as banks close on the weekend and you’ll have to wait until Monday before you make a real money wager. With Pay N Play you won’t have to worry about any delays in deposits and withdrawals. Both depositing funds and withdrawing money is performed instantly. Let’s say that it’s called Pay N Play for a reason.
Everybody’s loving it
Pay N Play casinos are therefore increasingly popular among both players and casinos as both parties will be able to save themselves a lot of stress. Not having to sign up and needing to type all your credit card info saves everyone some effort while it’s a lot safer as well. Although credit cards are still widely used they’re known to be a lot more vulnerable in terms of fraud than e-wallets. Most young players are fully familiar with using online banking methods, but there are still new adopters that want things to be as straightforward as possible. With Pay N Play this group of players has just found itself the perfect solution.
Highly popular among operators
Pay N Play is also very popular among online operators. In the end, all they want is new users to go to the cashier as quickly as possible. By offering a Pay N Play platform they avoid just about every barrier you could think of that would stop users from making a payment. Online businesses are all about conversions and Pay N Play gives its customers all the tools they need to deposit their funds instantly and enjoy instant play. Don’t get us wrong, we’re here for the players, but Pay N Play is one hell of a solution. With Pay N Play, online casinos have a single solution to streamline transactions, withdrawals, Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements, and anti-money laundering (AML) compliance.
How we review our Pay N Play casinos
Pay N Play casinos are among the best casinos available as this solution by Trustly is only intended for the most advanced casino platforms. This means you won’t find any Pay N Play integrations on dodgy websites that don’t hold a licence or aren’t considered user friendly enough to implement this banking solution. Trustly has a reputation to defend and will not want to get involved with casinos that don’t meet their minimum requirements. The good thing about this is that pretty much all Pay N Play casinos offer excellent service. Nonetheless, we do have our own checklist of performance metrics a casino will need to meet before we decide to list them or promote them at Vernons. Here are some metrics:
- Brand/company reputation: reputation needs to be earned over time which is kind of difficult for especially the newer companies entering the Canadian market. As we don’t want to exclude new Pay N Play casinos in Canada just because of their age, this is why we take a look at the site’s owner and sister sites as well. Ideally, a casino enjoys a strong reputation and vast experience, but newer casinos tend to run the extra mile to give their customers the service they deserve.
- Licence: if it concerns a brand new casino, a strong licence will also do the trick although we have a strong preference for casinos that hold a strong brand reputation, a strong company reputation, and a strong licence. Working with a licence issued by a well accredited gambling authority makes sure that the casino will try to uphold the highest standards in order to obtain and keep their licence.
- Casino/sportsbook bonuses: a lot of casino websites work with bonuses, although this seems somewhat less common with Pay N Play casinos. Websites that work with a Pay N Play-platform tend to focus on players that value the overall user experience instead of those looking for bargains. Nonetheless, most Pay N Play casinos do offer at least one promo which are always listed in our reviews of Pay N Play casinos. We make sure to pay attention to the bonus terms as much as possible and only list promos that work with reasonable conditions.
- Quantity and quality of games on offer: casinos in Canada offer hundreds and usually even thousands of games which is generally a lot more than most land based casinos across the country. At Vernons we go through every casino’s game portfolio and offering enough games is one of the criteria a casino will need to meet. A related performance metric is that most of these games will need to be of high quality from leading providers like NetEnt, Evolution, and Microgaming.
- Customer support: although Pay N Play casinos try to make their websites as user friendly as one can get, users will still need to be able to count on proper customer service, whether it’s related to payments, bonuses, or games. We make sure to reach out to the customer support desk and check their responsiveness and professionalism. We also check out the overall user opinions about the customer service desk and ensure to point out both the pros and cons we come across.
How do I start playing at a Pay N Play casino?
It is dead simple to start playing at a Pay N Play casino. All you need is a bank account that can be used for online banking. After that, you can start playing at the casino that works with a Pay N Play platform in no time by:
- Hitting the button to make a deposit at the preferred casino. What you’ll find on the button depends on the casino, but look out for something like “Join”, “Play”, “Register” or whatever sounds like you’re about to enjoy all the fun.
- Making sure to check if there is a casino bonus that you claim when you make your first payment. Most Pay N Play casinos do have a welcome bonus for new users.
- Choosing an amount. Usually the minimum amount is set at $10. If you want to opt for a bonus you will need to check the minimum amount required to claim the deal.
- Choosing your bank. This works the same as with other payments made by online banking.
- Logging in and confirming the payment. Done? That’s it. Time to play!
Pay N Play casino ≠ no registration casino
Pay N Play casinos are often referred to as no account casinos and we get the point here. True, you don’t have to fill in a registration form and there’s no need to create an account before you start playing. Nonetheless, not needing to create an account yourself isn’t quite the same thing as not owning an account at all. Just like you can join random websites by signing up with your Facebook account, you can play at an online casino by paying via Trustly. The advantage of confirming your identity via your bank account is that it skips the need to sign up for an account yourself. The bank knows what your date of birth is, what your full name is, and what your email address is. So, yes, there is an account, but it’s not set up by you. The terms no registration casino or no account casino are thus technically incorrect — although many Pay N Play casinos do market themselves as such.
Balance and session resumption
This brings us to our next point: that of your casino balance. Pay N Play is a sole registration and banking method which is something that might be a bit confusing to new players. You can start playing right away just by making a deposit which is thanks to the id-confirmation made via your bank. This also means that your personal details are stored in the cloud and available upon revisiting the casino’s website. Whenever you leave the website and return later, your previous balance is available immediately once you verify your identity via your online bank. This also means that every next visit you make you can resume your previous session without needing to worry about losing your balance.
Advantages of Pay N Play casinos
We believe we have already touched upon the main advantages of Pay N Play casinos in Canada, as we believe Pay N Play meets today’s expectations of fast and secure payments. Altogether, this brings us to the following points:
- Instant: you can deposit, play and withdraw money instantly. Although this may seem self-evident to some, it is not. Many casinos have long pending times before players can enjoy their winnings and banks and credit card payments slow down withdrawals as well. Pay N Play is instant, both for deposits and withdrawals.
- Easy: Pay N Play casinos save you the hassle of creating an account, having to validate your id, and remembering difficult usernames and passwords, just to name a few. It also saves you having to fill in both personal and financial data.
- Privacy: you don’t have to enter your email address or other contact details, which means you won’t be bothered with newsletters or spam. You can always choose to sign up for promos, which can in fact be quite a good idea at some casinos.
- Free of charge: there are no transaction costs for deposits and withdrawals. Pay N Play stands for a carefree banking solution which obviously means no fees as well.
- Safe: Pay N Play is part of the Swedish payment provider Trustly, which is one of the largest e-wallets in Europe. For a casino to be allowed to work with this platform, the operator must meet all kinds of conditions. Trustly has its own reputation to uphold and doesn’t do any business with shady casinos.
Disadvantages of Pay N Play casinos
We’re big fans of Pay N Play, but that doesn’t mean there are no disadvantages. There are in fact some drawbacks to Pay N Play we can think of, although these are a lot less significant in our opinion when compared to the advantages. Let’s take a closer look:
- Lack of alternative payment methods: Pay N Play is often the only payment method available at a casino, so you won’t have any other options aside from Trustly. This can turn out a bit complicated to people who have other reasons to join a casino than the payment method. Then again, there are more and more casinos that offer a hybrid model meaning that you will need to choose between Pay N Play or another banking method upon registration.
- Verification still required: in order to withdraw big winnings you will still need to verify your account. Fortunately, the limits are significantly higher than at most other casinos that don’t work with Pay N Play, but still, most casinos will require some extra id verification before they let you withdraw large sums of money.
- You DO have an account: it’s a misunderstanding that you don’t have an account if you join a Pay N Play casino. You do, but the main difference is that you don’t have to create it yourself by completing a registration form. This also means that you’re not completely anonymous, as is sometimes wrongly assumed. Calling a Pay N Play casino a no-account casino or no registration casino is therefore incorrect.
Isn’t there any verification at Pay N Play casinos?
Yes, there is, but it’s a lot more flexible as Pay N Play saves you a lot of time doing so. Pay N Play let’s your bank do all the work for you. Your bank knows who you are, meaning you won’t have to do this yourself. In addition, you don’t have to go through a whole verification process for small payouts which is usually the case for any first payout at other casinos, regardless of the amount of money you want to withdraw.
Don’t I have an account at a Pay N Play casino?
Yes, you do have an account, but you don’t have to create one yourself. Pay N Play is like a registration and payment method all together bundled into one single step which is effectively performed by connecting your deposit to your personal data available in your bank account. This works in the same way as confirming your identity on a website when you sign up with your Facebook account. Saves the need to fill in a registration form.
What happens to my previous session at a Pay N Play casino?
Trustly and your casino do set up an account for you which is available from the very first moment you make a deposit. All you need to do next time is continue by clicking on Resume Play. This usually gives you the option to continue with the game where you left off.
Is a Pay N Play casino trustworthy?
Yes, it’s very reliable. That is because you won’t have to fill in any personal details yourself and because Trustly only partners with trustworthy casinos that enjoy a strong reputation and work with strong licences. The registration + payment process is completely encrypted and once a payment is made Pay N Play will only access your bank account for your id confirmation, not for your financial data, pretty much in the same way as confirming your identity with your Facebook account won’t allow a website to access your photos. Pay N Play’s owner Trustly has been audited by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority since 2010. Trustly is therefore subject to frequent assessments by regulatory authorities.