Gone are the days when online gambling was only accessible for those who had loads of cash in their bag (Check out: Best $1 deposit casinos). Thanks to the presence of C$5 minimum deposit casinos, Canada has been changing the story in recent years.
In this guide, we will provide a full list of the best online casinos with a minimal deposit of 5 dollars available to Canadian users.
Review 5 Dollar Minimum Deposit Casinos in Canada
In order to play real money games at any online casino in Canada, players will need to deposit their funds. The first deposit is generally the most important for online players as it often gives them the opportunity to claim a bonus upon registration.
Fair minimum deposits can help you check out the overall functionality of online casinos without having to invest big sums of money. The good thing about this is that it can even reward you with bonuses, and it can assist you in deciding whether or not you will make your wager here.
Low deposits, great casinos
Low deposit casinos will still offer you at least a few hundred casino games, while they typically have excellent customer support and they offer great promotions too.
You can get all of that within a second and you can even play until you’re fully ready to make further deposits. In that sense, 5 CAD casinos don’t really differ from other online casinos which is why you will still find the ultimate game experience at one of the websites we recommend. As they also accept low deposits, it’s hard not to see them as great casinos.
One way to test casinos
Low deposits also give players an accessible opportunity to test different casinos without risking large amounts of money. This gives users quick access to different websites as every deposit only requires a $5 deposit.
Testing different casinos is an effective way for novice players to get familiar with casinos and everything they have on offer. In addition to that, a lot of casinos have enabled the free demo mode for their slot games, giving users another alternative to test different games. We suggest you make use of both options.
How to build a bankroll
If you’re new into gaming, making small deposits gives you some extra tools to work on your bankroll in a safe and steady manner. If you don’t want to make large wagers, playing with small amounts of money will help you control your spendings and game responsibly. We therefore believe that low deposit casinos don’t only offer options for players to check out new casinos, but it also gives them a way to play safely.
In the end: the online casino experience might be a bit challenging for some users, so the best way to slow things down is by making small deposits. The good news is that big wins are still possible.
Payments methods do matter
Proper bankroll management also means that players will need to take into account the banking methods being offered on a website as this makes a huge difference. Building a bankroll means you’ll need to maximise your wins and lower your losses as much as possible.
Payment methods can influence this process as some casinos work with different terms and conditions depending on the payment method used by the player. Also, not all banking methods let their users make transactions of 5 dollars. Payment methods do matter for players who are looking for the best opportunities when it comes to net results.
Seeking for the ultimate experience
Those signing up at an online casino usually do this because they’re looking for online games or websites that make them win real money. Low deposits and fair banking terms and conditions are a few important factors that influence your overall experience, but the most important thing to understand here is that they should be part of that experience and not a sole objective. Apart from being able to make low deposits, you should also feel comfortable at the casino of your choice.
Casinos should meet all your requirements when it comes to the characteristics you consider important. This can range from the mobile compatibility of the website to the professionality of the customer support agents. All of the casinos we have tested and recommend, meet our minimum performance requirements.
There are more and more online casinos in Canada that offer minimal deposits to players, allowing them to play with an amount as low as CA$5. These $5 deposit casinos still give them access to a large range of games, offering endless hours of entertainment.
By funding a minimum of 5 dollars, you can still hit the jackpot if you turn out lucky. $5 deposit casinos in Canada give players the thrill they pursue without putting in too much of their own money. So what’s in for the casinos?
Let’s say that a lot of players would clearly prefer a $5 minimum over a $10 or $20 minimum deposit as this gives them a lower barrier to make their next wager. Putting this into perspective, this means we’re talking about a 200% or even 400% difference. Casinos enabling lower deposits open up to a big target group.
$5 Deposit Casino Bonuses
You’re probably wondering by now how things work when it comes to bonuses and other promo deals. We’re more than glad to inform you that there are plenty of casino bonuses available for players that prefer to stick to $5 deposits. The most common $5 bonuses are:
$5 Deposit bonus
Deposit bonuses are available in all sorts of bonuses, but they usually give players bonus cash that is included in a welcome package or a reload bonus.
Deposit bonuses can be awarded for subsequent deposits as well, with changing figures, so check out how much bonus money every deposit gives you. This particularly applies to welcome bonuses.
$5 Deposit Free Spins
Free spins can be part of a deposit bonus, but can be handed out as separate promos as well. They can even be part of a welcome package. Whatever type of free spins it concerns at your preferred casino, you should be able to find plenty of free spins bonuses on the internet.
Free spins are among the most popular promos available as they’re very straightforward. You deposit 5 bucks and the casino gives you free spins. Just make sure to check out the games that are selected for the free spins and the wagering requirements.
Refer a Friend
Not as common as the bonuses mentioned above, but definitely loved by players: refer-a-friend bonuses. These promos are easy to avail and are not complex at all.
All you’ll have to do is share your personal referral code with your friend. If he or she signs up and uses your bonus code, you will get yourself a reward, hence the name refer-a-friend bonus.
There are plenty of bonuses available and most of them come with wagering requirements, basically making sure the casino protects itself from big losses.
These wagering requirements are set at everything from 1x and higher and can depend on the type of bonus. For free spins the wagering requirements tend to be lower than for deposit bonuses, but do bear in mind that bonuses that require lower minimum deposits tend to come with higher wagering requirements. Make sure to check these out before signing up.
Games on Offer at $5 Deposit Casinos
Many people think that online casinos that let players make deposits as low as $5, will probably offer smaller portfolios or exclude top games. This isn’t true. Five dollar deposit bonuses can come with excellent catalogs, so you’ll find most game categories available.
Of course this will depend on the casino, but we haven’t come across differences between casino sites that work with smaller minimum deposits vs. casinos that don’t. Typically, you should be able to find the following games at your preferred online casino:
The same holds for the game developers your preferred low deposit casino works with. There are plenty of high quality game providers that you will find at casinos that accept low deposits. We have picked some of the most common developers in Canadian casinos:
||Going strong since 1994, Microgaming was actually the first to introduce the concept of online casinos. We believe Microgaming can’t really be overseen by any online casino and this especially concerns the developer’s major jackpot slots. A casino that doesn’t work with games like Mega Moolah and its spin-offs isn’t complete.
||This developer has given the industry games of all categories and there aren’t many providers as diversified as Pragmatic Play. This game developer’s portfolio includes slots, card games, table games, and even live casino titles. Those that enjoy games by Pragmatic Play are lucky as they launch about 5 new slot titles every month.
||Not as widely available as the other providers mentioned in this list, iSoftBet has been included in more and more casinos in recent years and we’re happy they’re there. iSoftBet is also listed on many of the casinos we recommend, so most Canadian users will come across the games made by this provider sooner or later. And we certainly hope you do as their productions are worthwhile and a lot of fun.
||Play’n Go was founded in 1997 and it has managed to build a solid assortiment of all sorts of online casino games. Players from Canada will be able to enjoy hundreds of slot games and this amount is rapidly increasing as the provider launches about 3 new games every month. Our all-time favourite by Play’n Go is probably Book of Dead.
||Some would say this is the industry’s #1 brand and we fully understand why. There are many NetEnt games available that are considered the best of its kind. NetEnt hasn’t been very active in recent years as it was acquired by Evolution, but there are still many options available for players who want to relive the best games ever made in online gaming by playing one of the many NetEnt top slots.
|Big Time Gaming
||Who thinks BTG, thinks Megaways and it’s hard to see them separately from one another. Big Time Gaming were the ones that made this mechanism big and we’re happy they started selling licences to other providers. We would even name their Megaways-mechanism as one of the online casino industry’s biggest inventions of the last 5 years. Make sure to check out Extra Chili.
||Sort of a strange fella sometimes, but definitely one of the most beloved providers in the market. Yggdrasil is a Swedish game developer that managed to impress both players and casinos by following a rather Scandinavian approach. Vikings Go Berzerk might be the best example of this and this actually holds for the complete Vikings Go-series. This is one of the most popular game series in recent years.
||We would name Playtech among the most diverse game developers and those familiar with their games will definitely understand why. It really doesn’t matter whether you’re looking for slot games, poker solutions, a bookmaker platform, or card games: it’s all there. This game developer produces everything casinos and players ask for.
||Evolution was the first to come up with live dealer games, revolutionising the casino industry by taking traditional RNG table games from online settings to live dealer studios. Live dealers were integrated in these live studios by getting the most out of stronger internet connections and live streaming services. Live dealer games have overtaken online table games in popularity. Some of Evolution’s most popular games include Monopoly Live, Deal or No Deal Live, and Lightning Roulette.
Banking methods at $5 Deposit Casinos
One of the most important areas for any player in Canada is that of the banking methods the 5 dollar deposit casino offers to its players. These banking solutions need to be fast, safe, and secure.
In addition, there are also other points of concern for $5 deposit players in this regard, which we believe include the fees and processing times for transactions as well as the inclusion of e-wallets for claiming a casino bonus. Picking the right banking method can make a huge difference when it comes to casino experience.
This is why we’re happy to help you out with a short overview of the most common banking methods at $5 Deposit Casinos:
- CASHlib: a handy payment method that makes it possible to gamble online and remain anonymous. CASHlib vouchers can be purchased at physical stores such as gas stations and kiosks after which they can be redeemed online.
- Credit card Mastercard/Visa/American Express: almost all online casinos accept credit cards and people who make online purchases in Canada often use a credit card. The most commonly used cards are Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
- Ecopayz: players will need to create an EcoPayz account before being able to transfer funds to their preferred online casino. Fees are charged for deposits to your Ecopayz account. The exact costs depend on the payment method used when making the deposit.
- Interac: Canada’s local debit network which is widely available online as well. A lot of Canadians have a preference for Interac Online which is why most Canada oriented casinos include this banking method on their site.
- Jeton: with Jeton you can both send and receive money in more than 50 currencies, including the Canadian dollar. In addition to the digital variant, Jeton also has a physical prepaid card. This can be used as a voucher in online casinos.
- Neosurf : a popular payment solution that works according to the well-known prepaid principle: top up first and then use the service. With Neosurf you can pay anonymously online without having to use a credit card.
- Neteller: this e-wallet was especially popular with casino players from the United States, where it once processed 80% of all online gambling-related transactions. However, the ban on online gambling in the United States meant that Neteller stopped facilitating gambling-related transactions in the US in early January 2007. Luckily, the e-wallet has made its comeback and is widely available online.
- PayPal: still one of the world’s most popular banking methods used for online payment transactions. Once banned at online casinos, PayPal has become widely available at a lot of modern casinos in recent years. Deposits made via PayPal are instant. However, withdrawals may take 2-3 business days.
- PaySafeCard: many gamblers value discretion and therefore opt for PaySafeCard, which allows you to deposit money anonymously. You can buy this card online, but also as a voucher at a supermarket or gas station. Payments can be made in cash.
- Rapid Transfer: a commonly used payment service from the makers of Skrill. Rapid Payments, as the name suggests, stands for fast payments. The payment is made immediately and is on the account of the recipient within a few seconds.
- Skrill: used to be known as Moneybookers, a name that will ring a bell with some people. Skrill has been providing a solution to and from online gambling sites since the company was founded. We are therefore talking about a recognised banking method here that knows the online casino market like no other.
- Trustly: probably one of the most popular online banking methods among online casino players. Thanks to its user-friendly interface, instantness, and widespread availability, Trustly has managed to become one of North America’s most preferred payment solutions. Pay N Play casinos are powered by Trustly’s payment platform.
Payment solutions in Canada
Most Canadian players prefer to make their transactions in CAD as it’s the national currency, although casinos that accept USD are also widely available in the country. A lot of Canadian users will stick to either credit cards or Interac online, but we believe that every casino should give them a list of additional options.
One of the ways to recognise a user friendly casino is by taking a closer look at the banking methods they work with. This should give a better understanding of how flexible a casino is when it comes to banking. Banking methods also show to what extent casinos work with fair bonus terms, at least the ones that are related to payment methods.
Other factors to consider with regard to payment solutions include the integration of secured connections making sure your financial and personal data is safe. Other than setting minimum deposits, the maximum withdrawals and processing times should be reasonable too.
All together, banking is justifiably one of the most important criteria to take into account when joining a casino.
How to find the best $5 online casinos in Canada?
Finding an online casino that works with deposits as low as 5 dollars shouldn’t be very difficult, but it can be a bit complicated to find a site that offers a good service. This is where we believe we play an important role as we’ve found the best online options for you. In order to give you the best options we recommend you to:
- Pick and stick to one of our recommended casinos: we are highly experienced casino players, so we know which casinos can be recommended and which can’t. We do so by only giving you options of websites where we would play ourselves as well. Only high quality casinos make it to our top list. These casinos are regularly checked upon so we make sure they keep up with the standards we’re looking for.
- Carefully read our casino reviews: despite giving you safe and secure options, we do advise you to carefully go through our reviews as there might be some factors that are more important to you than others. Pay closer attention to what we have to say about the casino’s catalog, the bonuses, and the bonus terms.
- See for yourself: after having gone through our reviews it’s time to see for yourself whether the casino’s look and feel fits your own personal needs. Please note that we try to write our reviews based on our own experience, but also by taking into account what Canadian players are looking for. This doesn’t mean, however, that your personal needs and requirements can be way different from average users. We therefore recommend that you draw your own conclusions by visiting the site.
Before joining a 5 dollar deposit casino
Signing up to a new casino website isn’t very difficult on the whole, but most players are looking for one or two picks and don’t want to sign up at new casinos once they’ve found a website they like. Joining a casino could possibly lead to a long-term relationship between you and the operator, so this is why we advise you to pay some extra attention to the next steps as we’re normally dealing with real money transactions and real money wagers. We believe that you should always be fully prepared before you make your first wager and this even starts before signing up. We therefore recommend you to follow the following steps:
- Make sure to pick one of our recommended casinos: we’ve said it before and we’re going to repeat it again: stick to secure gambling websites. You increase your chances of winning by sticking to the casinos we have listed as these are all fully checked. Feeling comfortable at an online casino actually makes all the difference.
- Stick to licenced $5 casinos only: this also means that you need to play at licenced casinos only which is one of the most important things to check. Licences can be found in the footer of the casino and your best move would be to check the licence number too. In case you don’t know how to, don’t worry. We’ve already done it for you as we only include licenced websites in our casino top list.
- Check out what’s on offer: other than strong licences and low minimum deposits, you should also feel comfortable with the rest of the website. This concerns its general design, look and feel, mobile friendliness and overall functionality. Go through the casino’s assortment and test the customer service desk too.
- Claim your welcome package: we love promos and we’re sure everybody does. Before signing up you should always check what’s on offer for you or for new users in general. As this can mean you need to use a promo code, we suggest you double check everything that has to do with bonus packages and other promos.
- Play responsibly : yes, we highly enjoy online gambling. But we always try to take our moment to stress the importance of safe playing as this is what online gambling should be all about. Of course, we’re all looking for a nice win or a great jackpot, but it shouldn’t be an obsession. Make sure you play responsibly. One way of doing this is by setting limits in your account as soon as you sign up. Think of time limits and deposit limits. The latter actually means maximum deposits, not minimum.
How to sign up at a $5 deposit casino?
Creating an account at a $5 deposit casino in Canada doesn’t change from signing up at casinos that work with higher minimum deposits as you’ll find out next:
1. Check our recommended casinos in Canada
The Internet gives us a large variety of online casinos for users to choose from and this also holds if we specifically consider the Canadian gaming market. Among the casino sites available are those that work with low deposit rates. When looking online for a $5 deposit casino in Canada, you will probably come across more than you could take the time to evaluate. This is why we recommend sticking with the websites we have listed on our own platform as these have all been tested with real money. All the casinos hold valid licences.
2. Choose the right online casino for you
Picking a high quality $5 deposit casino might look like an easy task if you only take into account the perks on offer for new customers. You might think it’s okay to go with the one that offers the best casino promos, but there is actually a lot more to think of than that. Other than looking at all the bonuses and other benefits for new users, you will need to take a better look at the overall service of the website as well.
3. Register and make a deposit
Once you have done the above and found your 5 dollar deposit online casino, you are nearly ready to start your gaming adventure. Hit the button to sign up, fill in all the required fields in the registration form, and as soon as you’re registered, you will be ready to make your first deposit. Just make sure to check out the payment methods and the terms and conditions they come with. Make use of the banking method that you believe to be most convenient.
4. Enjoy and have fun
We know, $5 deposit casinos might sound strange and maybe even too good to be true, but they have become a lot more standard in Canada over the last few years. Our recommendation is to check out a few games to get the hang of how things work. Since you’ll only have a 5 dollar minimum deposit, you won’t risk a lot of money. Once you’ve managed to find the casino game that you love most, you can always decide to wager bigger amounts. At all times, make sure you don’t risk more money than you can afford.
$5 Deposit Casino Canada Advantages and Disadvantages
Most people will agree that lower minimum deposits make it possible for virtually everyone to make a wager, making online gaming accessible for everyone interested in online casinos. This doesn’t mean there are no drawbacks to casinos that accept players that make lower deposits. Although this complete guide on low deposit casinos in Canada is meant to give players all the tools they need to sign up at $5 deposit casinos, it is made to give you a full understanding of what these casinos have on offer. This includes the disadvantages as well. In any case we sincerely believe that the pros outweigh all of the cons that we can think of when it comes to signing up at a $5 deposit casino as you’ll find out below. Let’s take a closer look at the most important advantages and disadvantages. This should give you a clear idea of whether this type of casino fits your needs.
- Way of testing a new casino without risking a lot of money.
- Increasingly popular among Canadian users.
- Many payment solutions available.
- $5 minimum deposits can lead to major wins.
- Licenced $5 minimum deposit casinos widely available.
- Plenty of $5 bonuses to be claimed.
- Stricter bonus terms and conditions for deposits as low as $5.
- Transaction fees might exceed $5 deposits.
- Higher wagering requirements.
- Not all payment solutions accept $5 transactions.
Conclusion $5 Deposit Casinos in Canada
At Vernons we’re always looking for the best casino deals and this includes promos that come with fair conditions as well. Fair terms are best recognised by their wagering requirements, but definitely by the minimum deposits and maximum bets as well. In line with this, online casinos in Canada have become a lot more flexible in recent years accepting low deposits and handing out high bonuses. This explains why there is an increasing number of casinos available that we consider as worthwhile for our Canadian followers. On our website you’ll find a selection of the best casinos that accept 5 dollar minimum deposits and in this guide we’ve done our best to give you a better idea why these casinos made it to our shortlist and why we’re great fans of $5 deposit casinos.
Can I get free spins bonuses with a 5 dollar deposit?
Yes, you sure can. There are lots of free spins promos available that start at deposits as low as $1 so you should be just fine when it comes to searching for a free spins bonus. We do need to point out that these free spins may involve stricter rules in terms of both wagering or maximum stakes. This holds for the bonus terms and conditions in general, so before you claim your own free spins, we recommend you to check out all the terms.
Are 5 CAD minimum deposit casinos licenced?
Yes, the ones recommended by Vernons are always licenced as we don’t feature casino websites that don’t hold a valid licence. Our list of licenced casinos includes a selection of operators that work with $5 deposits and there are even plenty of $1 deposit casinos as well, for those that are looking for casino sites that accept even lower deposits.
Are $5 deposit casinos reliable?
Yes, they are. The casinos we have included on our website are fully trustworthy. All of them have a licence and are accessible for players based in Canada. As long as you stick to our casino recommendations you should be just fine when it comes to web security.
What is the best online casino in 2022 with minimum deposits of $5?
There are quite a few options available, but we update our list every month in order to give you all the latest options. This list may change on a monthly basis although some of our picks have turned out to be steady and stable performers. Nonetheless, make sure to check back every once in a while to find out more about the best online casinos in 2022 with minimum deposits of $5. Our top lists include full reviews where we explain our motives for recommending these casinos to our readers.
Are $5 deposit casinos too good to be true?
No, not at all. Online casino sites are getting more common everyday which is basically thanks to the increasing demand of players for lower minimum deposits. As online transactions are getting more common than physical payments, both banking solutions and online casinos have been able to lower minimum deposits. Other than that, $5 is quite standard as a minimum deposit at most casinos so they might as well attach their bonuses to this minimum deposit. Most other casinos tend to do the same with their minimum deposits, typically set at $10 or $20.