As we enjoy gambling in the same way as you do, we consider ourselves players first before calling ourselves casino industry experts. This is exactly why we are always on the lookout to discover the best sites and help you find them. The casinos sites in Canada we have come across at Vernon can be categorised in a lot of different ways and one of the ways to do this is by looking at how they perform in terms of payouts. In the following list you will find nothing but the best payout casinos in Canada for this month. Check out:
Canada’s Top Paying Online Casino List
Playing an online casino game is a great experience and it’s even very interesting for your bankroll to stick to online games only. Aside from the games being faster and the graphics becoming more realistic, the top online casino games lead to an increasing number of expectations for the player. Because operators have lots of webspace to add new games and aren’t always bound by locally based visitors it means players have a lot of choice and, thus, more chances to make a lot more money than sticking to a limited amount of games at their local venue. This explains why jackpot slots in online casinos payout a lot more than their offline counterparts as players from all over the world can access the same progressive game. This leads to major jackpots within a relatively short period of time as every stake they make contributes to the globally available jackpot. This gives us a very interesting list of the best paying online casinos available for Canadian players.
||Available in Canada
Payout Percentage (RTP) and House Edge
Even though finding the best paying online casino is important, it’s not the only thing you should look for when trying to decide which operator to join. Similar to casinos, individual games have payout percentages too, which will affect your net revenue as you’re joining a casino to play a certain game or number of games which will either make you win or lose money. To get the full picture of how to find the best odds in online casinos, there are a few things we need to address: the Payout Percentage (RTP) and the House Edge.
Payout Percentage (RTP)
In addition to the top paying online casinos, we have also selected which slots pay out the best. In order to rank these we have picked the best games in terms of the RTP, the Return to Player. The average RTP figure is calculated across 1,000 bets. This leads to an indicator of how much a player could expect to see from a game over the long-term. That means that if the RTP is 97% and if you wager $100, you will get $97 back in the long term and the casino will make a profit of $3. The slots with the highest RTP are of course the best options to play. RTP’s are always lower than 100% as a higher percentage would mean that a casino would lose money in the long term and would need to pay to offer its games. You can’t really blame a casino for having a house advantage as they’re the ones offering a venue to visitors where they can make a wager and enjoy the fun.
This brings us to the house edge, which is the opposite of the payout percentage. Where the payout percentage is based on the payout made to the player, the house edge takes a different perspective. The higher the RTP, the lower the house edge and the lower the RTP, the greater the house edge. The RTP and the house edge therefore interact with each other. To illustrate this we will give you an example: let’s say the payout percentage, the RTP, is 97% again, then the house edge is 3%. In addition, if a game has a house edge of 5%, then you know that the RTP is 95%. Every game will need to state its RTP, but the house edge is also used often to illustrate the players chances of winning.
Slots with highest RTP’s
|Book of 99
|1429 Uncharted Seas
|Money Cart 2 Bonus Reels
|Codex of Fortune
Payout percentage per casino game
It’s not very easy to get a hold on the casino’s RTP and different from casino games, this percentage can vary over time. Other than the casino’s RTP you will always need to play a game to be able to win real money which is why the payout percentage for your favourite casino games will also affect your net revenue. In order to maximise your profits we have also listed the most profitable games. Please note that some of them are considered games of skills which means that practice will make a huge difference:
- Blackjack: traditionally considered the highest payout casino game available, which also means the house edge is very small. The good thing here is that online blackjack typically works with one or two decks, compared to an average of eight in a brick and mortar gambling venue. This difference is very important because every deck added to the game increases the operator’s house edge. For blackjack the house edge is believed to be only 0,67%. This gives you a RTP of 99,43%.
- Roulette: there is a huge difference between European and American roulette as the latter adds a zero to the game which is beneficial for the house, not for the player. In a single zero game, thus the European version of the games, you’ll play a game that has a house edge of 2,7%, while a double zero game (hence: American Roulette) gives itself a 5.26% house edge. The RTP is therefore 97,3% for European Roulette, which is considered very high.
- Baccarat: in this popular table game you’ve got two choices: betting on the bank or on the player. The bank gives you a 1,36% edge over the casino, which means the RTP raises to a percentage of 98,64%. Please note that there is a 5% fee for bets on banks. Still, baccarat is one of the most popular casino games and one of the reasons is the relatively high RTP.
- Slots games: slots offer the biggest diversity in any casino. They make up the biggest portion of a casino’s portfolio and they differ in terms of themes, bonus rounds, ways to win, numbers of reels, and provider. Online slot games also offer a variation of payout percentages, but they usually stick around the 95-97% range. One of the main advantages of playing a slot game in an online casino in Canada is that they have significantly higher RTP’s than in brick and mortar casinos.
|RTP’s per game category
||Between 35% and 65%
|Online scratch cards
15 things to consider before you start playing online
High payout percentages are one of the ways to pick one casino over another, but there’s more to it when it comes to finding the best payout casinos in Canada. In order to find the best website you’ll also need to think of the casino’s overall service and the payout speed as well. Here are some things to consider before you start playing online:
- RTP of casino: you should be well informed by now as we have included our top 10 list of best payout casinos for this month. Make sure to pick a site you like.
- Payout speed: some casinos pay out a lot faster than others, which might be one of the features to take into consideration before joining a website. Make sure you verify your account as soon as you can to speed up the payment process.
- RTP of game category: sticking to table games instead of slot games can make a difference as skills affect the probability of winning, especially playing at a live dealer casino. In order to find the best payouts you might want to consider sticking to a certain category — preferably a category you master well.
- RTP of game: picking one game over another makes a difference as well. Certain slot games have a higher RTP than others and most players will know that European Roulette gives players more benefits than American Roulette.
- Portfolio: signing up at a casino because of its overall high RTP really doesn’t make any sense if your favourite game isn’t available so you’ll need to strip the payout percentage down to an individual game level as well.
- Banking methods: not only do payment methods affect the overall payout speed, they affect the fees (or the lack of fees). A lot of e-wallets tend to give players withdrawals and deposits without charging any fees, but in case you do find a casino that charges a fee, you might want to reconsider it as this directly affects the net value of your wins.
- Withdrawal limits: it’s hard to find a casino that doesn’t work with withdrawal limits as most operators have a daily, weekly, and monthly limit. If these limits are too low, you won’t be able to enjoy big winnings, which will negatively affect your overall casino experience. Withdrawal limits might change according to your banking method or your loyalty level.
- Terms and conditions: a casino needs to work with fair terms and conditions, with the withdrawal limits as mentioned above as one of the most important things to pay attention to. Other terms and conditions need to be reasonable as well.
- Customer support: in case of making a big win you might need to contact customer support and the same is true for other questions and issues while playing. In case you need them, the casino’s support agents need to be there for you.
- Bonuses: most online casinos offer bonuses as part of either a welcome package, promos for existing customers, or ideally even both. Finding a casino with excellent bonuses will lower your own financial risk and give you more value for money as you’ll most likely get bonus cash, free spins, cashbacks or even a combination.
- Licence: you really don’t want to get involved with any unlicenced casinos as these websites don’t have any gambling authorities to check upon them. All the online casinos we list on our site are licenced and fully available to players from Canada.
- Website user friendliness: a user friendly casino website is basically a website that is both pleasant to see and to use, giving you a smooth casino experience. Let’s not forget that a casino will need to meet your overall expectations as well.
- Practice: sticking to table games or other games of skill make a huge difference here, but even with slot games it helps to first understand the rules before you make your first real money bet. Make sure to practice the game in the demo mode as this won’t require making bets with your own money.
- Lower wagers first: this brings us to our next point of starting with lower wagers first. Note that this option only becomes relevant when the demo mode isn’t available. This is normally the case for live dealer games, so in case you’re about to join a live dealer casino we advise you to stick to lower wagers first before you move up.
- Read our reviews: in order to save yourself a lot of time and effort we recommend you to carefully go through our casino reviews as these address all of the above. We will make sure to list all the good and weak spots and get you fully prepared for your next casino adventure. Only high quality casinos make it to our top lists.
What can I do to increase my chances of winning?
It’s always a good idea to check the payout percentages before you start playing online. You could also opt for the live casino games where skills often play a big role and affect your chances of winning positively if you’re a skilled player. In addition, we recommend that you always practice for free in the demo mode first if this option is available for your game of preference. This way you get acquainted with the game in a fun way.
Is there a casino shortlist that you recommend in terms of payouts?
Yes, we’ve even got a top 10 list of the best payout casinos in Canada. This includes an up to date list of this month’s best casinos. In general, casinos like Betsafe, PlayOJO, and Betsson perform very well according to Vernon’s experienced casino professionals. Just make sure to check out the most recent list to find yourself a website that fits your needs.
What are the best payout casinos in Canada?
On our website we only recommend online casinos in Canada that use fair conditions and have a casino licence. In our dedicated reviews you can read which of these online casinos confirm best. In our guide on Best Payout Casinos in Canada 2021 we have specially used payout performance metrics to rank Canadian casino websites.
What is a payout percentage?
A payout percentage or Return to Player (RTP) is the predicted return a player will make from a bet in a casino, which can either be an offline venue or online site. Every casino game works with a payout percentage, although this may depend on the variant, feature, or other settings used in the game of choice. Payout percentages are close estimations of how much a game yields in played in the long term. A payout percentage of 97,50% means you would expect a $97,50 return from betting $100. Do note that short term bets can lead to different outcomes. This short term effect is what makes gambling so amusing.