About the game
Crazy Time is one of the twelve new live casino games that Evolution released in 2020 and the Swedish company describes it as ‘the most expensive live casino game of all time’, which sounds rather promising of course. Whether it’s thanks to the massive budget or not, but when playing Crazy Time you’ll most likely forget you just entered an online casino. Instead, Crazy Time takes you to a real game show stage making this production one of the most entertaining games that has ever been released. Crazy Time is a live casino game that is directly derived from Live Dream Catcher and adds a few extra bonus rounds with multipliers that can lead to big prizes. In this Crazy Times review you’ll get to know everything about the crazy times waiting for you in this category: Evolution production.
Where to play it
Our website about online casinos in Canada highlights the best Canadian live dealer sites. All of these casinos offer live dealer lobby’s and work with games that are powered by Evolution. In all of the casinos below you’ll have a great live dealer experience:
Crazy Time is a revolutionary live dealer game that shares many similarities with Live Dream Catcher. There are few basic rules to follow to get you going and since it is a fairly simple game, there is no need to think of a complicated strategy. The idea behind the game is very straightforward: the moment you open the Crazy Time game, a large Wheel of Fortune will appear with all kinds of different segments. As a player you have to bet on the segment you think the wheel is going to end up. The most common segments give you lower payouts and the less common segments clearly give you bigger prizes.
Looks like Dream Catcher Live
Making a bet is very easy and doesn’t require any special skills. The only thing you’ll need to do is slide the chips you see on your screen to the colour (or number) of the wheel you think it is going to stop. So far the Crazy Time game might sound identical to Dream Catcher Live to some players, but Crazy Time adds what we would call — a unique and crazy twist — to the game. The Crazy Time wheel features four special segments, each with its own bonus round where players can win up to 160,000 times the stake. These bonus games are called Pachinko, Cash Hunt, Coin Flip and, of course, Crazy Time.
Crazy Time bonus rounds
The real madness starts when you make it to one of the four bonus rounds. Where other Dream Catcher variants, such as Monopoly Live, are limited to just one bonus game, Crazy Time offers four different bonuses that can earn you a lot of money. Crazy Time’s bonus rounds are unique and still resemble games you’ve probably played before. They also give you high multipliers. Let’s take a closer look at the four bonus rounds:
- Pachinko: this is the first bonus game of Crazy Time. At the bottom of the screen you’ll see a row with different prizes and the idea is to make the electronic ball end up with the highest multiplier. This bonus game is brought to you by the game’s host who releases the electronic ball after which it falls from top to bottom and works its way along a random route where it’ll trigger one of the available prizes. This may sound familiar as the Pachinko game is somewhat similar to a pinball machine. Get ready for a lot of doubles which will make sure you can double your winnings.
- Cash Hunt: the second bonus game offers 180 hidden prizes with random multipliers. The different prices are shuffled making sure players can’t see where the prizes can be found. The idea is to select the symbol that you believe contains the highest prize. Prizes come with multipliers ranging from 50x to 500x.
- Coin Flip: better yet, ‘Head or Coin’. First of all, the game host determines which multiplier belongs to which colour. A coin is then flipped at the bottom of the screen and depending on the colour and the multiplier, players win prizes that can be up to 5000 times your stake. This is no digital bonus whatsoever, as you’ll see that an actual coin is flipped in the studio. The coin has a red and a blue side, and whatever side faces up will be the winner.
- Crazy Time bonus: to top it off, Crazy Time has a fourth bonus game where you can win the biggest amounts and multipliers: Crazy Time. In this Crazy Time bonus game you basically play Dream Catcher on a wheel with three arrows and as a player you have to choose one of the arrows to make your bet on. The game itself is simple and a lot of fun. Once again it’s the game host who spins the wheel. The segment where the arrow ends is the multiplier that will increase your bet. Ideally, you start the Crazy Time bonus with a 50x multiplier and a few doubles. If you then hit the 200 multiplier, you can win up to a maximum of 160,000 times your stake.
How to win
The game rules of Crazy Time are very easy, although each of the bonus games works with a different set of rules. All of the bonus games will ring a bell as they’re based on games of chance pretty much every player will recognise. This also implies that all results are generated in a fully random way which means you won’t have to think of a strategy. A lot of players would agree with us if we say that this takes away a lot of pressure from players as the only thing you need to do is make a bet and wait for the outcome. We do have some other tips and tricks that will make you lower your risks significantly:
- First claim your bonus: Crazy Time’s rules are fairly easy, but you might need a few rounds to get the whole picture. As this is a real money game you will need to make a bet and this is why we either advise you to lower your stake in the few first rounds or play with bonus money. This will maximise your return on investment. This holds for all bonus games that are offered in Crazy Time.
- Pick (at least) one of our recommended casinos: picking a proper bonus usually means that you’re signing up at a proper casino website as well, but we do want to point out the importance of finding yourself a trustworthy casino. This will not only guarantee fair bonus terms but will positively influence your overall casino experience afterwards. All of the casino websites Vernons has listed for you are safe and secure. We only feature casinos that are available for Canadian players.
- Let randomness randomise: frustrating to some, comforting to others. Although some players enjoy pure games of chance, others prefer skilled based games like poker or blackjack. Crazy Times works with different random bonus games which means you really can’t influence the game’s outcome. Whatever strategy you were thinking of, skip it, if it’s not a money management strategy that is.
How to play
We believe that Crazy Time, together with Mega Ball, is one of the best live casino games that has been launched in recent years. Evolution has become the industry’s leading provider from the very first day it entered the market and games like Crazy Time are solid proofs why Evolutions continues to stay ahead from competition. For players that are new to Crazy Time, the easiest way to understand the game is by seeing it as a variant of Live Dream Catcher with four new bonus games. Playing the game is therefore very easy. The professional game host guides you through the game via different bonus games and each bonus game has been given its own place in the live dealer studio.
1. Choose the amount of your bet
There are eight betting options at Crazy Time. Before you bet, you’ll need to choose the size of your bet by picking the chips that all have their own colours. The exact amounts differ per casino, but you should think of somewhere between $0,10 and $2000 per bet. Some casinos will only make you bet up to $1,000.
2. Place your bets
By moving your chips you place your bet on one or more of the eight betting options. This allows you to choose between the four regular bets and the four bonuses. Unlike other games you can bet on all eight options in Crazy Time.
3. See where the multiplier and the wheel stop
First you get to see which multiplier is applied to which outcome. The wheel of fortune will then stop at one of the eight betting possibilities. When you’re still playing the four regular bets you don’t have to do anything after the wheel is spun, but in the bonus round you’ll need to make a few additional decisions.
4. Decision making in the bonus round
Depending on the bonus, you’ll have to make an extra choice. This, for instance, concerns both the Cash Hunt and Crazy Time bonus game, when you’ll have to choose which outcome you want to make a bet on.
After the immense success of Evolution’s Live Dream Catcher, the Swedish game developer decided to expand its formula behind live dealer game shows. First Monopoly Live was released and Crazy Time’s was the next in line to combine game shows, interactivity, and multiple games within the same game. There is a Money Wheel, there are four different extra bonus features you can bet on and there’s always a cheerful, (hyper to say the very least) active quizmaster that will talk you through the game. Then there is also a mystery multiplier, which can fall on both the regular numbers and the bonus features. There’s always a look of action going on, the pace is high and whatever happens in terms of multipliers and wins: we’re fully sure you won’t be bored for a second. Crazy Time is one of the most expensive live casino games ever made which is clearly reflected in the game’s design, the special effects, and of course the huge amounts of real money you can win. Crazy Time lives up to its name and we’re confident you’ll have a blast as well.
Crazy Time is accessible to players of all levels. Experienced players will get triggered by the game’s high payouts, while novice players will highly enjoy the game’s simplicity and interactiveness. You can play Crazy Time from a minimum bet of only 1 CAD and a maximum of 2000 CAD. This maximum bet differs per Crazy Time casino in Canada, as larger online casinos will generally allow players to make bets of up to 2000 CAD. Crazy Time’s Return To Player (RTP) is set at 95,5%, making the house edge as high as 4,5%. We do find this relatively high if we compare it to other live dealer games, but let’s not forget that players can win up to 160,000 times their stake.