When playing one to five credits per line, Ultimate X Video Poker is a video poker variant that functions similarly to standard video poker. The real allure of this game comes when the maximum bet is increased from five to ten credits per line. When this occurs, each winning line establishes a multiplier for that line in the subsequent game. Read our game guide to know more about this game.
|96.30% – 99.80%
Play Ultimate X Video Poker
About Ultimate X Video Poker
IGT’s Ultimate X Poker is a poker game that caters to players. As a result, a number of video poker games now include slot-style bonus features. It’s player-friendly because it doesn’t trade the expected player payback percentage for an added bonus.
IGT continues to create a number of casino video poker games that offer a variety of bonuses in exchange for higher per-hand bets. Ultimate X Poker, which is now available online in New Jersey and other jurisdictions, is by far the most popular.
Ultimate X is a video poker game that can be played with a standard five-credit per-hand bet. However, you can activate the “X” feature, which is a multiplier, by betting 10 credits per hand. When this option is selected, any winning hand results in a multiplier of 2X to 10X being applied to any subsequent win.
How to Play?
If you have never played Ultimate X, starting to play it may seem a little daunting to you. However, we are here to help you. Here is how to play Ultimate X:
- Choose Ultimate X Video Poker and the size of your bet as soon as you make your first deposit at a casino site. You have the option of selecting from 1 to 5 coins. If you play with all five coins, you’ll get the best payout. When playing with five coins, a royal flush, for example, pays 800:1.
- You should click deal after adjusting your bet and receiving the first five cards. These cards will, in theory, form a winning hand. If you are unhappy with the cards you have received, you can choose to discard them.
- Furthermore, if you don’t think any of the cards are good, you can remove some or all of them.
- Once you’ve decided which cards you want to keep, press the draw button to get the replacements for the cards you’ve removed. You now have a new hand, which you can win or lose.
- You can expect to receive the amount shown on the paytable if you have the winning hand. You can find the paytable in the next section.
|3 Hand Multiplier
|5 Hand Multiplier
|10 Hand Multiplier
|4 of a Kind
|3 of a Kind
|Pair of Jacks or Better
|Pair of 10s or worse
Please keep in mind that the payouts in the table above are based on a maximum bet of 5 credits. To use the Ultimate X Feature, you must wager this amount. However, because activating the feature costs an extra 5 credits, we’ll bet a total of 10 credits per hand. This means that even if we get a pair of jacks or better, we won’t get our money back unless we use a multiplier.
What makes it unique?
There isn’t really much that makes this game unique apart from the high volatility that this game possesses. Without changing the payouts, you’re paying twice as much on every game round. You’re paying for multipliers that could potentially increase your winnings, but this isn’t likely to happen as frequently as you think.
And most of the time, the win multipliers will be low when this happens. With the Ultimate X feature enabled, your balance is much more likely to drop quickly. However, if you do get a lucky streak, the feature allows you to win far more than you would otherwise.
Winning more at Ultimate X Video Poker
Playing 10 coins at Ultimate X is the best way to increase your return. When you play five or fewer coins, you’ll be playing traditional multi-hand video poker. The problem is that on Ultimate X machines, the paytable short-pays. Because the Ultimate X bonus is triggered by the five extra coins, the return is about one percent higher.
Another way to boost your profit is to not leave multipliers on the machine when you leave. Always keep playing until you reach a hand with no multiplier. This will, of course, necessitate having sufficient funds.
Another way to increase the return of Ultimate X is to search for machines that have recently been abandoned by a player. Deposit some money if the previous gambler left a multiplier hand on the machine. Play only one hand with a five-coin bet. That multiplier will be yours without leaving one for the next player.